Sitemetric Unpaid Overtime Wages
Companies often misclassify workers as independent contractors. However, by law, they really should be classified as employees, and would therefore be entitled to overtime wages at the rate of time and one-half the hourly rate. If you worked for Sitemetric, and the following applies to you, you may have a claim for unpaid overtime wages:
- Sitemetric classified you as an independent contractor.
- You worked as an onsite data control officer, access control officer, or any other position in which you were classified as an independent contractor.
- Sitemetric paid you an hourly rate.
- You worked more than 40 hours in a week.
- Sitemetric didn’t pay you overtime at the rate of time and one-half the hourly rate for hours worked over 40 in a workweek. For example, if you were paid $20 per hour, then your overtime rate should have been $30 per hour.
Call us at (845) 255-9370 or fill out the industry inquiry form (below on mobile, right sidebar on desktop) if you worked for Sitemetric as an independent contractor and want us to evaluate your claim for unpaid overtime wages. The consultation is confidential and free, and there is no obligation to bring a case.
While the test of who is a contractor and who is an employee can be complex, relevant factors may include how much control the business exerts over the work of the worker; whether the worker is performing the primary business of the company; and whether the worker is truly in business for themselves. Based on our knowledge and experience litigating these issues, we believe that many workers at Sitemetric, including onsite data control officers and access control officers, should have been classified as employees, and thus entitled to overtime pay.
Further, for workers in Virginia, the state law states “any individual performing services for a person for remuneration is an employee of the person that paid such remuneration.” This means that there are very few true independent contractors in the state of Virginia, and we believe anyone classified by Sitemetric as an independent contractor in Virginia in any position is actually an employee.
All calls and communications are strictly confidential. We don’t charge fees upfront. We get paid by the losing employer when we win or settle your case. We only represent workers.
If you work in this industry and would like to speak with us about whether you were paid all wages you were owed, please send us the information needed by filling out the Industry Inquiry form.