Technology and Data Analysis Litigation Support for Labor Law Firm
Getman Sweeney Dunn is a law firm located in Kingston, NY specializing in large wage-and-hour class action litigation on behalf of employees (never employers). We are looking for a tech and data specialist who would like to use their analytical skills for social justice issues related to wages and working condition in a small, exciting law office. We work as a team, and the candidate should enjoy working with our team of 7 lawyers, 8 paralegals, and 2 data science and technology specialists. We pride ourselves on representing individuals at all levels of financial means, from low wage workers to executives. We are also proud of our work representing immigrants throughout the country, documented or undocumented. The firm provides free consultations and handles most litigation and other representation on a contingent basis without up-front charges to an employee. The firm primarily handles overtime and minimum wage cases. We are currently suing numerous large international companies as well as small companies in class action and individual cases. The firm strongly believes in equal employment opportunities.
Getman, Sweeney, Dunn would like to add a new full-time employee to expand our data science and technology department which is currently staffed by two persons. This position requires a person with strong skills with mathematical analysis of large datasets, writing/describing complicated concepts to non-expert clients and staff, and some experience with Windows Server and workstation hardware and software.
The range of tasks will include:
- Data Retrieval
- Analysis of a wide range of database architectures to determine methods to extract useful data
- Write tutorials for non-tech experts describing techniques for data extraction
- Research sector specific software tools to ascertain what and where useful data lies
- Data Manipulation
- Data cleansing and format manipulation
- Creation of dynamic dashboards for use colleagues without data science expertise
- Modeling dynamic payroll and legal damage calculations
- IT Support
- Support of a Windows Server infrastructure and various law firm applications
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving typical workstation and network issues
- Support clients and research methods related to retrieval and transfer of case related data
- Continued Education
- Research new tools, programming techniques, and methods
- Training other data science team members and other staff
- Writing narratives explaining your work for a non-datacentric audience
Core Skill Requirements:
- Create accurate mathematical analysis and extrapolations of complicated data
- Experience with analysis of multi-gigabyte datasets
- High-level proficiency with Excel
- Understanding of database structures and SQL queries
- Experience in troubleshooting and configuring Windows workstations and networks
- Familiarity with Windows Server and general IT hardware and software
- Able to write clear narratives and tutorials for non-expert audience
- Have flexible schedule and occasionally work nights or weekends to attend to IT system needs or meet deadlines for case related work
Other useful skills:
- Familiarity with a legal office environment
- VBA, Java, C#, .Net and other programming languages
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint or other cloud-based office administration tools
- Experience with statistical analysis and modeling
To be considered for this challenging opportunity, please forward your resume, along with cover letter and salary requirements.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Tech Job Opening
Getman Sweeney Dunn
260 Fair St.
Kingston NY 12401