PARALEGAL POSITION OPENING
Getman, Sweeney & Dunn, PLLC is hiring a litigation paralegal for its Kingston, New York office. The position does not require a paralegal degree or legal experience as we will train the right person. The position requires strong analytical and organizational skills, the desire and ability to work as part of a team, excellent communication skills to speak with clients and attorneys about complex legal concepts in federal and state wage and hour law, and a strong motivation to obtain justice for people whose rights have been violated. This is a forty hour per week position and is compensated on an hourly basis with excellent benefits.
The person who fills this position will work with paralegals and attorneys on various litigation teams. The position entails both case-handling and administrative responsibilities. Paralegals engage in a wide variety of case specific tasks, including significant client contact, gathering documents and other evidence, compiling spreadsheets, reviewing and indexing paper and electronic information obtained from our adversaries, and working with the litigation team to successfully handle class actions, individual court proceedings, and arbitrations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on file maintenance and information retrieval
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Windows Explorer
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to work as part of a team and with clients
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with time constraints
- Self-motivated, hard worker, quick learner
- College degree and work experience preferred
- Spanish and/or other language abilities are a plus.
The firm strongly values workplace diversity, honesty, and integrity. Multi-lingual skills are a plus but are not required. There may be infrequent overtime work as litigation demands. Travel opportunities may exist as well.
We represent employees only. We pride ourselves on representing individuals at all levels of financial means, from low wage workers to executives. We are also proud of our work representing immigrants from around the world, documented or undocumented. The firm provides free consultations and handles most litigation and other representation on a contingent basis without up-front charges to an employee. The firm handles overtime and minimum wage cases throughout the U.S. We are currently suing numerous large international companies in class action and individual cases.
The position pays a competitive salary, profit sharing, full family health insurance, 401-k, sick, vacation, and personal leave.
Technology and Data Analysis Litigation Support for Labor Law Firm
Getman Sweeney Dunn is a law firm located in Kingston, NY specializing in large wage-and-hour class action litigation on behalf of employees (never employers). We are looking for a tech and data specialist who would like to use their analytical skills for social justice issues related to wages and working condition in a small, exciting law office. We work as a team, and the candidate should enjoy working with our team of 7 lawyers, 8 paralegals, and 2 data science and technology specialists. We pride ourselves on representing individuals at all levels of financial means, from low wage workers to executives. We are also proud of our work representing immigrants throughout the country, documented or undocumented. The firm provides free consultations and handles most litigation and other representation on a contingent basis without up-front charges to an employee. The firm primarily handles overtime and minimum wage cases. We are currently suing numerous large international companies as well as small companies in class action and individual cases. The firm strongly believes in equal employment opportunities.
Getman, Sweeney, Dunn would like to add a new full-time employee to expand our data science and technology department which is currently staffed by two persons. This position requires a person with strong skills with mathematical analysis of large datasets, writing/describing complicated concepts to non-expert clients and staff, and some experience with Windows Server and workstation hardware and software.
The range of tasks will include:
- Data Retrieval
- Analysis of a wide range of database architectures to determine methods to extract useful data
- Write tutorials for non-tech experts describing techniques for data extraction
- Research sector specific software tools to ascertain what and where useful data lies
- Data Manipulation
- Data cleansing and format manipulation
- Creation of dynamic dashboards for use colleagues without data science expertise
- Modeling dynamic payroll and legal damage calculations
- IT Support
- Support of a Windows Server infrastructure and various law firm applications
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving typical workstation and network issues
- Support clients and research methods related to retrieval and transfer of case related data
- Continued Education
- Research new tools, programming techniques, and methods
- Training other data science team members and other staff
- Writing narratives explaining your work for a non-datacentric audience
Core Skill Requirements:
- Create accurate mathematical analysis and extrapolations of complicated data
- Experience with analysis of multi-gigabyte datasets
- High-level proficiency with Excel
- Understanding of database structures and SQL queries
- Experience in troubleshooting and configuring Windows workstations and networks
- Familiarity with Windows Server and general IT hardware and software
- Able to write clear narratives and tutorials for non-expert audience
- Have flexible schedule and occasionally work nights or weekends to attend to IT system needs or meet deadlines for case related work
Other useful skills:
- Familiarity with a legal office environment
- VBA, Java, C#, .Net and other programming languages
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint or other cloud-based office administration tools
- Experience with statistical analysis and modeling
To be considered for this challenging opportunity, please forward your resume, along with cover letter and salary requirements.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Tech Job Opening
Getman Sweeney Dunn
260 Fair St.
Kingston NY 12401